Tuesday, March 23, 2010

West Coast


Yesterday I went to the beach in Half Moon Bay, California, not to far from San Francisco. It was beautiful, the water was a blue green color. The was sun was extremely bright and created this yellow tone on the sand and rocks. I've been going to this beach since I was a little girl with the fam and the dogs, this time it was just part of the fam and one dog but I still enjoyed myself. This beach is actually the beach where the Mavericks are located. Mavericks is a famous surf spot just north of Half Moon Bay. After winter storms in the Pacific Ocean waves can start out at about 25 feet and peak as tall as 50 feet in this location. I think each year someone either gets hurt or dies, due to the danger of the enormous waves. Well I didn't get to much stuff but at least you can see how beautiful the beach is.


I love the light that comes through the rickety
legs of the pier. It kind of makes the pier look
as if it would collapse if anyone were to step foot
on it. I actually think that cars drive on this pier
despite the fact that it doesn't look so stable.

Usually you can't walk over these rocks because the
tide is usually to high. Yesterday there there was this
clear passage way to get to the other side of the peace,
where the Mavericks are.

Here you can see how far the tide is out, all the
seaweed washed a shore.

I really like the colors in this photo. The
yellows in the rocks and the red shoes and
blue jeans just kind of pop.

When the waves get rough they crash against
these rocks and act as a barrier to protect the
boats that come into this small bay.

Hope to have more up in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment